Resource and Referral serves as a one-stop shop for all children and youth programs. Looking for resources and don’t know where to start? Resource & Referral can assist you in locating the service you need.

Resource and Referral assists active duty and DoD civilian personnel in balancing the competing demands of family life and accomplishing their mission, while improving the economic viability of the family unit. MCAS provides a range of services to support parents in raising their children.

Child Care Resource and Referral services

  • The Child Care Resource and Referral Office is staffed by a knowledgeable professional who can help parents:
  • Locate and select youth services on and off the installation.
  • Obtain trained teenage sitters for occasional hourly child care.
  • Access parenting videos and written materials.
  • Obtain information on Youth/Teen services.
  • Learn how to become a Family Child Care Provider.
  • Contracting Care during special events for all units and most organizations at MCAS, Yuma
  • Local community childcare information and referrals to other NAEYC accredited facilities.
  • Special Needs Group homes within the community.
  • Short Term Alternative Child Care (STACC) option provides care on an occasional rather that daily basis.
  • Military One Source
  • Child Care Aware
  • National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (naccrra)

Are you expecting a baby or need childcare?

If so, it is recommended that you place your unborn child on the waiting list for child care immediately! Infant care waiting list may be 4 to 6 months long. By registering now, your wait will be minimized. Infants must be six weeks old to attend child care.

Babysitting Services

Supersitters are youth aged 12 to 18 that are certified babysitters that may provide hourly babysitting services.  We currently have youth aged 12 to 18 participating.  They are certified in CPR and First Aid and have been instructed in basic child care.  To access this service, registration can be done at building 1071 the Child Development Center Annex with Resource and Referral (R&R) or the Supersitters registration form is available on line at the MCCS Yuma website under Child and Youth Programs under Resources.  The way the process works once a parent is registered to use the service is as follows:

1.  Call R&R at 269-3234 or 269-3251 and request a call from a babysitter.  Provide basic information about times, dates, number and ages of children etc.

2.  R&R will contact 3 to 5 sitters on the list and give them the parents name and phone number.

3.  If a sitter is available, they will contact the parent.  Arrangements may be set up either for the job or to interview.  It is strongly encouraged that the parent needing the babysitter request to meet the parent of the babysitter.

4.  At this point, additional communication or arrangements may be made between the sitter and the parent requesting a babysitter. 

5.  If the parent does not get a response within two days of the initial contact of R&R they should call for another referral and 3 to 5 more babysitters will be called.

Since these youth are minors their names and contact information is not released.  This is a referral service only and the babysitters are not endorsed by the Marine Corps or Child and Youth Programs.  Charges vary and should be agreed upon before the sitting job occurs.  Transportation arrangements as well as any specific instructions should be discussed prior to the sitting job.

If interested in employing a Supersitter, fill out an Employer Agreement. 

Child and Adult Food Program

The MCAS Yuma Child and Youth Program, which includes the two Child Development Centers, the Youth Center, and the Family Child Care Program, announces the sponsorship of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program.  Meals will be made available to enrolled children at no separate charge without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.  Any person who believes that he/she has been discriminated against in any USDA related activity should write immediately to: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building 14th and Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD).