School Liaison Program
|Monday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
(next to the CDC)
FOR U.S. MILITARY FAMILIES
- PCS Moves
- Remote Enrollment
- Kindergarten Readiness & AZ Immunizations
- Public Elementary Schools
- Public Middle Schools
- Public High Schools
- Private Schools
- Charter Schools
- Online Schools
- School Bus Information
- Parent Teacher Conference
- Special Needs
- College Planning
- Interstate Compact
- School Liaison Corps Wide
- School Questions
- School Calendars
Arizona Attendance Requirements
Arizona Revised Statute 15-803 requires school attendance for all children between the ages of 6 and 16 years old. If a Kindergarten program is maintained at the school, a child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if the child is 5 years of age by August 31st.
If you and your family are relocating to Department of Defense Dependent School (DODDS) in Europe, Asia/Pacific, or the Southern Hemisphere, please click on the DODEA link below:
If your children will be attending International Schools, please click on the link below for more information:
PCS Guidelines DoDDS in Okinawa
- The Department of Defense Dependent School (DoDDS) age requirement for Kindergarten is 5 years old by August 31st.
- It is recommended to start the registration process once your family has arrived on Okinawa so you are aware of what school you are zoned for and know exactly where you will be living.
- Once on island, you may pick up registration packet at any school, complete the packet and return it to the appropriate school.
- You must provide the following documents when registering your children in school:
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s passport
- Student’s social security card
- Sponsor’s PCS orders showing student as dependent
- Area Clearance
- Immunization card
- Housing Assignment letter (obtained from the housing office in Okinawa
- Your assigned sponsor should have an appointment set up for you with the housing office. Once you have this appointment, you will have a better idea of the housing area you will be assigned to and the school zone for that housing area.
- Families living in billeting while waiting for housing to be assigned:
- You may enroll your children into the schools that serve whichever billeting you are assigned to. If/when you accept a house and while you are waiting for your house to be ready, you may choose to go ahead and enroll your child into the school that is zoned for that particular housing area to eliminate having to change schools later on. However, you will have to provide transportation to that school until you have moved in officially to the assigned housing.
- DoDDS Okinawa consists of 13 school: 6 Elementary (K-5), 1 Primary (K-2), 1 Intermediate (3-5), 3 Middle Schools and 2 High Schools
- You may visit the DoDDS Okinawa website at www.okinawa.pac.dodea.edu to view all the schools.
- You may also contact or visit the USMC School Liaison on Camp Butler in Okinawa at: DSN 645-3205 www.mccsokinawa.com/slo
Other School Options on Okinawa
Christian School International (Private School) http://www.ocsi.org
Transitioning a Special Needs Student
- Contact your local special education counselor/director and request assistance as to what should be done before the transition to the new school. Write or contact the special education director for the state that you are going to and request local policies.
- Schedule an Annual, Review, and Dismissal meeting to discuss the progress your child has made since your last Individualized Education Program (IEP) review. Ask for written suggestions that may help your child and the staff at the new school.
- Request a copy of your child’s complete educational record to include a copy of the latest IEP. Hand carry all records, samples of your child’s work, and other information related to your child’s education.
- Contact your local Marine Corps Exceptional Family Member Program Coordinator. They can assist you with identifying resources at your new duty station.
Quick Checklist for School Moves
Stay organized during your move
The Back to School Resource Fair is back!
Join us on July 25th, 2019 from 4pm - 6pm at the Sonoran Pueblo Events Center.
All MCAS Yuma Active Duty families will have access to educational and community resources, and all children from kindergarten to 12th grade will receive free school supplies to be successful students during the upcoming school year.
For more information, please contact 928-269-2949
Special thanks to Operation Homefront for their generous donation of Backpacks and School Supplies!
Thank you to our sponsors: